Now more than ever, there has never been more demand for data roles. Find out which data career paths fit you, and learn about the different data roles within a data team.
Data Science and machine learning have never been more popular. As demand for data roles grows, the possibilities are endless when it comes to pursuing a career in data. This infographic presents a high-level overview of the different data roles within a data team, what are the different skills required to succeed, upskilling paths to get there, and more.
Data consumers use data to make data-driven decisions and actively have informed conversations with data practitioners.
Most commonly used tools
Possible job titles
Data consumers can have a variety of job titles. Anyone consuming data-driven insights falls under the data consumer category. Possible job titles include:
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- Head of Sales and Business Development
Beginner Skill Level
- Understands what data scientists, machine learning scientists, and data engineers do
- Knows which questions can (and can't) be answered with data
- Interpret the results of data projects, including calculations and visualizations.
Intermediate Skill Level
- Is able to calculate descriptive statistics
- Can draw common data visualizations
- Understands the business applications of data
Advanced Skill Level
- Has a strong grasp of the fundamentals of business intelligence